This Tuna and Vegetable Pasta Bake is a great family friendly recipe, so make it in a larger batch to share with everyone at dinner. Freeze leftovers for another day when you are short on time and need a healthy meal on the table in a hurry.
For more healthy recipes like this (that are made for busy moms), why not join thousands of other women on our next 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge?
Serves 4, prep time 10 mins, cook time 25 mins
- 2 cups wholemeal pasta, any shape
- 12 oz canned tuna in water
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 cups crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup of hot water
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp dried Italian herbs
- 1 & 1/3 cups cheddar cheese, reduced-fat, grated
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook the pasta for half the time instructed on the package (it will finish cooking in the oven) and drain well.
- Combine drained pasta with drained tuna, diced carrot, pepper, peas, crushed tomatoes, water and basil in a baking dish. Season with salt and pepper.
- Top with grated cheese and dried herbs and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden and bubbly.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Access this recipe and more!
Regain your body confidence with The Healthy Mommy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Our Challenge is designed by moms FOR MOMS – to help them reach their goal weight and tackle their health and fitness.
The Challenge is home to customizable meal plans, 24/7 social support and realistic exercises moms can do AT HOME.
To find out more on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge click here.