U may not be the most popular first initial when it comes to baby names, but there are some pretty great monikers that begin with this letter.
In fact, if you’re looking for unique names then be sure to check these out…
8 unique U names for girls
An old English name which means ‘wealthy’.
Uma is a Hindi goddess and in Sanskrit the word means ‘tranquility’, ‘splendour’ and ‘fame’.
This moniker could be unisex and is from French origins, meaning ‘earth colour’.
An Italian name which means ‘shadow’.
Umbrielle is a girl’s name of Latin origin meaning “one in the shadow”.
A Latin and old Irish name meaning ‘one, only’ and ‘lamb’.
This name is English in original and means ‘oneness’.
Saint Ursula was a legendary virgin princess of the 4th century and the name also pops up in Disney’s Little Mermaid. It means ‘little bear’.
8 unique U names for boys
This Spanish name means ‘mind, intellect’.
This Irish name means ‘heart’ in Gaelic.
Ulysses is a Greek name, the same as the hero of Homer’s Odyssey and means ‘wrathful’ and ‘hateful’.
An Irish boy’s name which means ‘a man from Ulster’.
Italian name that means ‘renowned warrior’.
This hip moniker means ‘city dweller’.
French name which means ‘bear’.
Hebrew name which means ‘the Lord is my strength’.
Join the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge NOW!
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans (including a 7 day cleanse)
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes!