If you’re on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge you’ll most likely be asking your muscles to work a little harder than they might be used to. So there is a chance that you’ll experience Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness (DOMS).
This is quite common especially if you haven’t exercised a certain muscle in a while. The reason it’s called ‘Delayed’ Onset Muscle Soreness is because you don’t actually feel the full extent of the soreness until around 48 hours after performing the exercise.
You may feel a little sore the next day, but it’s not until the following day that DOMS really kicks in.
The soreness won’t be present at rest, but as soon as you ask the muscle in question to perform a movement you will quickly know about it.
It’s important to note that this isn’t an injury and doesn’t require medical assistance – the only thing you can do is let the soreness subside in its own time which could be up to 7 days.
It’s also important to remember this isn’t a reason to stop your exercise routine – it just means that you need to manage the intensity that you choose on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge and not push too hard while your muscles are recovering.
Why not try the Warm-up and Cool-down workouts in the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge app? These are some short and easy workouts that will assist your body to cater for extra exercise that you are now trying out.
Here are 10 reasons why you should always add a stretching sequence to your workouts.
1. It reduces muscle tension and makes your body feel more relaxed.
2. It helps to increase your range of motion. The more you stretch, the more flexible you will become and less prone to injury.
3. It helps to prevent muscle strains. A pre-stretched muscle resists stress far better than an un-stretched muscle.
4. It helps to prevent joint strains.
5. It reduce your risk of having back problems.
6. It prepare your body for a strenuous workout.
7. It helps to increase ‘body awareness’.
8. It promotes good blood circulation in your muscles.
9. It can help reduce period pain (in women).
10. It reduces muscle soreness after exercise.
Healthy Mommy Julia says she feels fitter and healthier now than she did pre-kids, thanks to the diet and exercise from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Are you ready to become a Healthy Mommy?
Our Challenge is designed by moms FOR MOMS – to help them reach their goal weight and tackle their health and fitness.
The Challenge is home to customizable meal plans, 24/7 social support and realistic exercises moms can do AT HOME.
To find out more on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge click here.
*Images and references to pounds lost are as supplied by the individual in the story. The Healthy Mommy assumes information and photographs supplied to be true in nature and is not responsible for any false misrepresentations or claims relating to their programs or products.