This Beef San Choy Bow is a delicious and healthy meal served with noodles in fresh lettuce cups.
For more healthy recipes like this (that are made for busy moms), why not join thousands of other women on our next 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge?
Serves 4, prep time 10 mins, cook time 12 mins
- 1 ½ pounds extra lean ground beef
- 1 tbsp sesame seed oil
- 1 ½ cups grated carrot
- 3 green onions finely sliced
- 1 can water chestnuts sliced
- 2 garlic cloves diced
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 4 tbsp salt-reduced soy sauce
- 3 tbsp oyster sauce
- 3 tbsp sweet soy sauce
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 iceberg lettuce to serve
- 1 cup vermicelli or spaghetti chopped, prepared as per packet instructions
- Heat sesame oil in wok over high heat, then add ground beef. Use whisk or wooden spoon to break apart chunks of ground beef.
- Once ground beef is browned, add garlic, ginger, carrot, shallots, water chestnuts and stir fry for a few minutes.
- Add soy sauce, oyster sauce and sweet soy sauce and stir fry around for another 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add pasta.
- Serve in lettuce cups and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Energy 390 cals Protein 28g Fiber 4.3g Total Fat 12g Carbohydrates 26g Saturated Fat 3g Total Sugar 9.2g Free Sugar 3g
Are you ready to become a Healthy Mommy? Access this recipe and more!
Regain your body confidence with The Healthy Mommy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Our Challenge is designed by moms FOR MOMS – to help them reach their goal weight and tackle their health and fitness.
The Challenge is home to customizable meal plans, 24/7 social support and realistic exercises moms can do AT HOME.
To find out more on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge click here.