Who doesn’t love some delicious Chicken Nachos! This recipe can be made even faster if you have some leftover cooked chicken on hand.
This tasty snack can be found on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
For more healthy recipes like this (that are made for busy moms), why not join thousands of other women on our next 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge?
Serves 4, prep time 5 mins, cook time 25 mins
- ½ lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 7 oz canned kidney beans, rinsed & drained
- 14 oz canned tomatoes
- 1/2 cup corn kernels, fresh or canned
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning, reduced sodium
- 6 oz plain corn chips
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 medium avocado, mashed
- 2 tbsp reduced-fat Greek natural yogurt
- Cook the chicken in a frying pan or poach until cooked through. Allow to cool, then shred with a fork.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the pepper and cook for 2 minutes until tender. Add the beans, tomatoes, corn and taco seasoning. Allow to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Arrange the corn chips in a large baking dish. Top the chips with the bean mix. Place the shredded chicken on top and sprinkle with cheese. Place in the oven for 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Divide the nachos between 4 plates. Top each with some avocado and yogurt to serve.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Are you ready to become a Healthy Mommy? Access this recipe and more!
Regain your body confidence with The Healthy Mommy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Our Challenge is designed by moms FOR MOMS – to help them reach their goal weight and tackle their health and fitness.
The Challenge is home to customizable meal plans, 24/7 social support and realistic exercises moms can do AT HOME.
To find out more on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge click here.