You can make these savory easy zucchini muffins in advance, and simply heat up to serve, so you always have a healthy, great tasting breakfast on hand for those busy mornings.
For more healthy recipes like this (that are made for busy moms), why not join thousands of other women on our next 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge?
Serves 3, prep time 15 mins, cook time 35 mins
- Cooking oil spray
- 1 cup plain whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- salt, to taste
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk of choice
- 1/2 zucchini, grated
- 1/2 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 slices lean ham
- Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly spray 6 holes of a muffin tin with cooking oil spray.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
- In another bowl, stir together the butter, egg, milk, zucchini and garlic until well combined.
- Mix the flour mixture into the milk mixture, about ¼ cup at a time, stirring between additions, until the flour mixture is incorporated.
- Defrost the peas and fold into the batter with the Parmesan and ham. Divide the batter evenly into the prepared muffin tin holes.
- Bake in the oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow muffins to cool slightly before removing from muffin tins; serve warm.
- Two muffins is one serving. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days or freeze for up to 2 months.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Access this recipe and more!
Regain your body confidence with The Healthy Mommy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Our Challenge is designed by moms FOR MOMS – to help them reach their goal weight and tackle their health and fitness.
The Challenge is home to customizable meal plans, 24/7 social support and realistic exercises moms can do AT HOME.
To find out more on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge click here.