This is a simple pancake recipe with a twist, using ginger and cinnamon to make them taste just like gingerbread.
Why not make a batch for a family breakfast, or you can keep leftover batter in an airtight container in the fridge for 1-2 days to use again.
This pancake recipe comes from our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Each month our weight loss challenges are themed, targeting areas such as budget recipes, meals for fussy eaters, recipes with 5 ingredients or less, and many more.
Join the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge to access hundreds of healthy recipes.
- 1.5 cups wholemeal self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 free-range eggs
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat milk of choice
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 banana sliced
- In a bowl, stir together the flour, ginger and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat together the egg and milk, then stir in half of the maple syrup and melted butter. Add the flour mixture and fold until just combined.
- Heat a non-stick fry pan over a medium heat and pour a quarter cup of batter for each pancake into the pan.
- Cook on the first side until the batter is full of bubbles on the surface. Then flip and cook the other side. Continue cooking until all the batter has been cooked.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Are you ready to become a Healthy Mommy? Access this recipe and more!
Regain your body confidence with The Healthy Mommy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Our Challenge is designed by moms FOR MOMS – to help them reach their goal weight and tackle their health and fitness.
The Challenge is home to customizable meal plans, 24/7 social support and realistic exercises moms can do AT HOME.
To find out more on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge click here.