Chicken Pasta Caesar Salad
A delicious and easy to prepare pasta salad. You can prepare many of the ingredients ahead of time to make it fast to assemble when ready to serve.
Serves 4, prep time 10 mins, cook time 10 mins
- 5 oz whole wheat pasta, any shape
- cooking oil spray
- ½ lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 free-range eggs
- 4 cups Romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 4 slices lean smoked ham, chopped
- 2 slices wholegrain or gluten-free bread of choice
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat Greek natural yogurt
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan
- Cook the pasta according to package directions, allow to cool.
- Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat and lightly spray with cooking oil spray.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side or until
cooked through. Allow to cool and then slice.
- Hard boil the eggs using your preferred method. Allow to cool and then peel and slice into wedges.
- Combine lettuce and celery in a large salad bowl. Toss with cooked pasta.
- Add chicken, eggs and ham and toss together gently.
- Toast bread and cut into cubes. Add to salad.
- Combine yogurt, Dijon and lemon juice to form a dressing. Drizzle dressing over salad and sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Divide between four bowls to serve.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Energy 444 cals Protein 37g Fiber 8.9g Total Fat 12g Carbohydrates 43g Saturated Fat 4.3g Total Sugar 4.6g Free Sugar 0g