Oven-Baked Chicken Fajitas
An easy-to-prepare Mexican-inspired chicken & vegetable bake served on tortillas with Greek yogurt. Just adjust the amount of chili powder to suit you and your family’s tastes.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||40 minutes|
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 red onion thinly sliced
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- 2 cups cauliflower finely diced
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thigh trimmed & diced
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbs lime zest
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 8 small corn tortilla
- 2 tbs lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat Greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line two baking trays with parchment paper.
- Combine pepper, onion, mushrooms and cauliflower and spread over one tray.
- Place the chicken pieces over the second tray.
- Combine the chili powder, cumin, paprika, lime zest, garlic and olive oil to form a marinade.
- Coat the vegetables and the chicken evenly with the spicy marinade.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the vegetables are tender and chicken is cooked through.
- Heat the tortillas as per package directions and fill each one with some of the chicken and some vegetables. Drizzle with a little lime juice and sprinkle with cilantro leaves.
- Dollop with a little yogurt and serve 2 fajitas per person.
This recipe contains 407 calories per serving.
Are you ready to become a Healthy Mommy?
Our Challenge is designed by moms FOR MOMS – to help them reach their goal weight and tackle their health and fitness.
The Challenge is home to customizable meal plans, 24/7 social support and realistic exercises moms can do AT HOME.
To find out more on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge click here.