The festive season is often full of temptations everywhere, it can be frustrating and so easy to lose track of your goals and maintain that weight loss. Never fear! The Healthy Mommy has your back!
Here are some great tips from REAL moms to help you stay on track this Christmas.
5 Healthy Mommy moms share their best tips for staying on track over Christmas
Sheridan, is a mom of 2 girls, from Virginia, she has lost 30lbs with the Healthy Mommy 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Sheridan’s tips for staying on track over Christmas:
“We will be away for Christmas week with the in-laws all the way from Australia to visit.”
- Drink water – I will likely have a few alcoholic beverages over the break, but it’s important to stay hydrated
- Use the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge app workouts – even though I’ll be away from my usual fitness routine, I plan to move my body most days, even if that’s a short tabata work out. I’ll be packing my resistance bands too!
- Pack Snacks. Road trip? You can easily pack some healthy mommy snacks! I’ll be making some bliss balls and maybe a slice!
- Make the best choices you can with the options available to you. We will be eating out a lot while we are away, but I plan to make the best choices I can because I know I will feel better overall.
- Enjoy yourself but don’t overindulge over and over again, and just call the whole thing a write-off. Each meal is a chance to make a different choice.
Mom Cindy, from Michigan, has lost 30lbs with the Healthy Mommy 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Cindy’s tips for staying on track over Christmas:
- Mindset plays an important role in the holidays. Agree to let yourself enjoy some treats without feeling guilty but know the limits. Don’t go overboard with the desserts and the alcohol!
- Balance. Think ahead about what choices you are going to make. I have decided that I will start the day with a smoothie then I’ll be enjoying a roast turkey dinner with a little stuffing, a glass of Prosecco and slice of fruit cake. I won’t be feeling guilty but I also won’t be eating the whole cake!
- Keep your water intake up! I try to have 2 glasses of water after every glass of alcohol. Or decide how many glasses of alcohol you will have beforehand and stick to it!
- Plan ahead to feel organized and to help stress less. This will help you feel more in control to make better choices. I am using my meal prep skills to prep my Christmas Day lunch before the day so that I can spend more time with my family rather than in the kitchen.
- Schedule a workout for a time that suits you.
Mom of 2, Aimee, from Michigan has lost 10lbs with the Healthy Mommy 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Aimee’s tips for staying on track over Christmas:
- Prepare snacks. I always have snacks ready. I stash some in my purse so when hungry I can grab a smart snack.
- Drink a lot of water. Staying hydrated also prevents you from getting sick.
- Exercise. I try to add in extra 10 min quick workouts on my normal workouts.
- Portion! I limit to one drink when out with friends or family. More adds calories and then I snack when I’m drinking.
- Get plenty of rest. Being tired also leads to bad food choices.
Mom Emma, from Western PA, has lost 20lbs with the Healthy Mommy 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Emma’s tips for staying on track over Christmas:
- Prepare snacks. If you are traveling make sure that you have snacks on hand and if you can plan your meals.
- Drink water. Make sure that you keep the water flowing.
- Moderation is the key! If you are having a drink do so with moderation.
- Keep yourself moving – make snowmen if in the snow or warmer – take the kids outside and kick the football
- Get onto the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge app and use it to the best of its ability.
Mom of 2 Kate from Las Vegas has lost 13lbs following the Healthy Mommy 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Kate’s tips for staying on track over Christmas:
- Focus on water, workouts and following the healthy Mommy meal plan.
- Have fewer temptations around you. Honestly, just having less Christmas candy and cookies in the house. Normally we make a lot with the boys but this year we gave them away to teachers the next day so we each ate one, instead of a dozen.
- Knowing your struggles with food is such a great start. I know I can’t have certain things in the house because I will eat it.”
Join the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
We’ve proudly helped millions of moms achieve their weight loss goals!
Moms just like you are completely transforming their health and bodies. You can do it too (and it’s easy!)
The moms only 5 star rated app with over 1.8k reviews in 8 weeks!!
You get unrestricted access to :
● Nutritionist & chef designed weekly meal plans
● Personal Trainer crafted At-home workouts- 28 minutes and under
● Daily Motivation from My Coach
● Personalised Shopping lists to make life easy
● Over 4,000 healthy and delicious recipes at your fingertips
● REAL TIME support from The Healthy Mommy Team and OVER 200,000 other moms