With added dark chocolate, these Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Muffins are a great snack or lunch box treat for the whole family.
Serves 12, prep time 5 mins, cook time 20 mins
- cooking oil spray
- 2 cups whole wheat self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 free-range eggs
- 1 cup reduced-fat milk of choice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325°F and lightly spray 12 holes of a muffin tin tray with cooking oil spray or line with muffin cases.
- Sift flour into a large mixing bowl and combine with the chocolate chips.
- Whisk eggs and combine with milk, olive oil, honey and vanilla.
- Make a well in the flour mix and add all the liquids, stir to combine well.
- Divide batter between each muffin tin hole and bake for 15-20 minutes until a skewer comes out clean when inserted in the center.
- One muffin is one serving. Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days or freeze for up to 2 months.
Nutritional Information Per Serving