This BBQ Beef with Salsa Verde will be a hit at any BBQ and with a delicious herby, salsa verde makes this recipe a little bit different from the usual meat and salad.
You can even make the salsa ahead of time so all you need to do is cook the beef and prepare the salad when ready to serve.
This recipe comes directly from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
Ingredients (Makes 1 serving)
- 1/4 lb lean beef sirloin
- cooking oil spray
- 1/2 tomato
- 1/4 red onion
- 4 teaspoons fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon small capers
- 1/4 bunch fresh parsley
- 1/4 bunch fresh basil leaves
- Heat the barbecue grill to high heat and add a little cooking oil spray. Season the beef with salt and pepper.
- Cook the meat for 5-10 minutes on each side, until cooked to your liking.
- While the beef is cooking, dice up the tomatoes, onion and cilantro and combine in a bowl. Add a teaspoon of olive oil per serving and half the lemon juice per serve to dress and toss together well.
- Prepare the salsa verde by pulsing the garlic, capers (drained), parsley and basil in a blender and then slowly adding the remaining lemon juice and olive oil until everything is well combined.
- Place the steak on a plate and top with the salsa verde and the tomato salad on the side (divide salsa verde and salad evenly between however many servings you are preparing).
247 calories per serve
Access this recipe and more!
Regain your body confidence with The Healthy Mommy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Our Challenge is designed by moms FOR MOMS – to help them reach their goal weight and tackle their health and fitness.
The Challenge is home to customizable meal plans, 24/7 social support and realistic exercises moms can do AT HOME.
To find out more on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge click here.