BLT Pita Melt
This BLT Pita Melt is a delicious way to start the day that is easy to prepare and also friendly on your wallet.
Serves 1, prep time 5 mins, cook time 10 mins
- 1 small (approx 1 oz) whole wheat pita bread
- 2 tsp crushed tomatoes
- 2 bacon slices, lean & trimmed
- 1/2 tomato, sliced
- 1/2 cup baby spinach
- 2 tbsp reduced-fat cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat broiler or microwave oven to high. Place bacon on a lined tray and cook under broiler until crispy.
- Spread crushed tomatoes over pita bread.
- Slice cooked bacon and place over pita with fresh tomato slices and baby spinach.
- Top with grated cheese and cook under broiler for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden. Serve immediately.
Nutritional Information Per Serving