This is a great breakfast muffin recipe that you can make in advance. Enjoy it as a healthy breakfast to grab when you’re on the go, rather than buying a fast food, sugar loaded breakfast.
This recipe makes 9 serves so store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge or freeze individually to enjoy as needed.
Serves 9, prep time 10 mins, cook time 25 mins
- 2 ripe small bananas
- 1 free-range egg
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat Greek natural yogurt
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat milk of choice
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp brown rice syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup almond meal
- 1 & 1/2 cups whole wheat self-rising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Preheat oven to 390°F. Line 9 muffin cups with wrappers.
- In a bowl, mash bananas until smooth (no chunks). Then add egg, yogurt, milk, olive oil, brown rice syrup and vanilla extract, mix until well combined.
- In another bowl combine all dry ingredients. Fold dry ingredients into wet ingredients. Add blueberries and mix until just combined.
- Evenly distribute the mix into prepared muffin cups and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the center of a muffin.
- One muffin is one serving. Freeze leftovers individually to defrost and enjoy for another meal.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Energy 172 cals Protein 4.6g Fiber 1.9g Total Fat 6.3g Carbohydrates 25g Saturated Fat 1.2g Total Sugar 5.4g Free Sugar 3.3g