Is there anything better than a dinner that takes less time to prepare than it does to boil an egg? What about a tasty, healthy dish that combines delicious flavors and is packed with veggies and lean protein? We’ve got you covered with these Quick and Easy Chicken Satay Noodles.
This simple dish is not only super quick to make and packed with a variety of veggies, but it’s also low in calories, clocking in at under 300 calories per serving, perfect for busy moms following the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
- 1/2 lb rice noodles or noodles of choice
- 14 oz cooked shredded chicken
- 2 tbsp natural peanut butter
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 lime juiced
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 large carrot sliced
- 1 cup bok choy
- 1 red chili finely chopped (optional)
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- Olive oil spray
- Cook noodles according to packet directions, drain, then set aside.
- Shred the cooked chicken and toss with the noodles
- In a small bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, soy sauce, sesame seeds, sesame oil and lime juice. Alternatively, place in a clean jar, seal and shake together.
- Place the carrot, bok choy, snow peas and chili in a fry pan with a spritz of olive oil to lightly cook. Once cooked, add to the chicken and noodles.
- Drizzle with the sauce.
- Divide into four bowls and scatter with bean sprouts and cilantro to serve.
Serves 4 at 295 calories per serving.
For more healthy recipes like this (that are made for busy moms), why not join thousands of other women on our next 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge?