Chicken Pad Thai
Thai food can sometimes have a bad reputation for being high in fat and sugar. A great way to indulge in your favorite foods without the worry is to make a healthy version at home.
This is a really simple Pad Thai recipe that has all the flavor but none of the bad stuff and you can enjoy it as part of your healthy eating plan on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Customize it to your own tastes (try shrimp or tofu instead of chicken; or more chili if you like it hot).
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 3.5 oz rice noodles
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 lb lean chicken breast, diced
- 1 small red chili, finely chopped
- 2 cups of your favorite vegetables such as onion, shallots, green beans, carrot, bell pepper, snow peas, bean sprouts, baby corn
- 1 egg and 1 additional egg white, lightly beaten
- 2 tsp oyster sauce
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 2 limes, 1 juiced and 1 quartered for serving
- Cook the rice noodles according to packet directions, then set aside.
- Heat half the oil in a non-stick frying pan. Add the eggs and move around the pan until they are just set. Place these to one side.
- In the same pan, heat the rest of your oil. Add the garlic and chicken and cook for 2 minutes or until the chicken has browned slightly.
- Add the chili and the vegetables. Steam the vegetables by pouring in a ¼ cup of water.
- Stir in the oyster sauce, fish sauce, lime juice, and noodles. Mix well until well combined, then add the cooked egg.
- Place in two bowls and serve with the additional lime wedges.
Serves 2 at 345 calories per serving
Are you ready to become a Healthy Mommy? Access this recipe and more!
Regain your body confidence with The Healthy Mommy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Our Challenge is designed by moms FOR MOMS – to help them reach their goal weight and tackle their health and fitness.
The Challenge is home to customizable meal plans, 24/7 social support and realistic exercises moms can do AT HOME.
To find out more on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge click here.