Yes, that’s right: healthy donuts! This isn’t a sugar craving daydream. This isn’t a drill.
We’ve found a healthy recipe for donuts that are sweet, fluffy, in fact, they’re absolutely everything you could want from a normal donuts – but much healthier!
The recipe is also free of eggs and dairy so it’s great for those with allergies.
Where has this been all our lives? Never mind, they’re here now, that’s what matters. Top with a drizzle of chocolate, your favorite icing, or enjoy them just as they are!
You’ll need a donut maker for this, or you could use a donuts baking tray if you have one.
Ingredients (makes 12)
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 5 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1 cup water
- Natural sprinkles to decorate
- Mix dry ingredients together in a large bowl
- Make 3 holes in the mixture, 2 smaller and 1 larger put vanilla and vinegar in smaller holes and oil in larger.
- Pour the water over the top and mix all together well making sure to mix all the flour mixture in.
- Spoon small spoonfuls of mix into lightly sprayed donuts maker and cook until golden brown.
- Serve as you like them – with a drizzle of chocolate, natural sprinkles, a dusting of cinnamon, or just eat them plain!
Calories 176 per donuts without decoration