You can make this Vegetarian Chili in the Instant Pot
A quick, filling, fiber-rich and plant-based protein-packed meal the whole family will enjoy. Perfect to make when you need dinner fast.
This recipe comes directly from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge. Join today and lose weight the healthy way with thousands of other moms.
|Prep Time||7 minutes|
|Cook Time||10 minutes|
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 cups water
- 15 oz black beans canned, rinsed
- 15 oz cannellini beans canned, rinsed
- 15 oz garbanzo beans canned, rinsed
- 6 oz tomato paste
- 14.5 oz canned tomatoes crushed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 3/4 cup shredded low-fat mozzarella
- Set the Instant Pot to sauté mode and adjust to MORE (High) heat.
- Add in the olive oil. Then add onion, pepper, and garlic and sauté for a few minutes until the onion is translucent (stirring now and then).
- Set Instant Pot to MANUAL (PRESSURE COOK) mode on High for 8 minutes. Add in the water, beans, tomato paste, crushed canned tomatoes, and spices. Give the mixture a good stir (until there are no tomato paste clumps) and then lock in the lid.
- Set the valve to seal and let cook for 8 minutes.
- Once done, move valve to vent for a quick steam release. Let the steam release until you see nothing exiting the vent.
- Turn off the Instant Pot, open it, and taste. Add more spices if needed and divide the chili evenly between 4 bowls.
- Top with 2 tbsp shredded cheese on each bowl and serve.
378 calories per serving
Join the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge TODAY!
Think of the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge as the best value personal trainer, dietitian, meal planner, chef and motivational coach with DAILY support – that you have access to every day – without the high cost and all created JUST FOR MOMS.
Each month is DIFFERENT on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge. EVERY MONTH you receive NEW 28 Days of FAMILY FRIENDLY customizable meal plans, daily exercise plans with videos and daily support. It’s also breastfeeding friendly.
The 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge has been able to help thousands of moms lose weight.