Turkey is a great lean protein, making a burger you can enjoy, while still working towards your weight loss goals.
This Dragon Sauce Turkey Burger includes a spicy Asian flavored sauce making a delicious condiment for these lean burgers. Plus you can choose a gluten free bun to suit your dietary needs.
This recipe comes directly from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
Ingredients (Makes 2 servings)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 4 tsp tamari gluten free soy sauce
- 4 tsp tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp sesame seeds
- pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp dried chili flakes
- 1/4 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 free-range egg
- 1/2 medium carrot, finely grated
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely grated
- cooking oil spray
- 2 whole wheat buns
- 1/4 medium avocado
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1/2 tomato, sliced
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- Make the dragon sauce by combining the garlic, ginger, apple cider vinegar, sesame oil, tamari/soy sauce, tomato paste, seeds, some pepper and the chili flakes in a saucepan over a medium heat.
- Simmer for 5-10 minutes until sauce has thickened slightly. Set aside, keeping warm.
- Make the burgers by combining the turkey, egg, carrot and onion in a mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly and then divide into 2 portions and roll into patties.
- Heat a frying pan or barbecue grill over medium heat and lightly spray with cooking oil spray. Add the patties and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Slice open the buns and spread the bottom half of each with some avocado.
- Top with some baby spinach, tomato, red onion and a turkey patty on each burger.
- Drizzle over the dragon sauce and top with remaining half of bun (per serving) to serve.
435 calories per serve.
Access this recipe and more!
Regain your body confidence with The Healthy Mommy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Our Challenge is designed by moms FOR MOMS – to help them reach their goal weight and tackle their health and fitness.
The Challenge is home to customizable meal plans, 24/7 social support and realistic exercises moms can do AT HOME.
To find out more on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge click here.