4 Ingredient Christmas Fruit Cake
Nothing says ‘festive’ quite like a fruit cake! And while traditional recipes aren’t always the healthiest, we’ve got you covered with a completely delicious, nutritionally balanced option.
Packed with juicy fruit, cranberries and those spices we all love to use at this time of year, this Healthy Christmas Fruit Cake can be in the oven in less than 15 minutes (not including soaking time). WINNING!
And with just four main ingredients, you’ll have no trouble throwing this together in time for Christmas. This recipe comes straight from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge where you can lose weight without missing out on the food you love.
We’ve used self-rising flour in this recipe but if you can’t find it at your local store make your own by combining 1 & 1/2 tsp baking powder and 1/4 tsp of salt for every cup of plain flour you use.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||90 minutes|
- 35 oz dried mixed fruit
- 2 cups cranberry juice
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1.5 tsp mixed spice
- In a large mixing bowl, add dried fruit and pour over cranberry juice. Mix well to combine.
- Cover with plastic wrap and set aside in the fridge to soak overnight.
- When ready to prepare the cake, preheat oven to 375F. Grease a 10 inch round springform pan with butter and set aside.
- Remove fruit from the refrigerator and mix in the 2 cups of flour and spices. If you can't find self-rising flour, use plain flour and add 3 tsp baking powder and 1/2 tsp salt. Mix to combine.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth the top. Bake for 90 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Cover with foil and allow and cake to cool completely in the pan.
- Once cooled, remove from pan and decorate with fresh or dried fruit, nuts etc.
- Slice into 15 pieces. One piece is one serving. Keep leftovers in the fridge for up to a week.
267 calories per slice
Are you ready to become a Healthy Mommy?
Our Challenge is designed by moms FOR MOMS – to help them reach their goal weight and tackle their health and fitness.
The Challenge is home to customizable meal plans, 24/7 social support and realistic exercises moms can do AT HOME.
To find out more on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge click here.