Garlic & Herb Chicken with Asparagus
A delicious, family-friendly meal that is served with a yummy coconut sweet potato mash. Adding healthy fats to the sweet potato assists with boosting your metabolism.
You can lose weight cooking food the whole family can enjoy together. Join us on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge and access hundreds of recipes, with everything from burgers to nachos.
- 3 small sweet potatoes peeled & chopped
- 1.125 lb chicken breast skinless & boneless
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 cloves garlic diced
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 3 tbsp coconut cream
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 bunches fresh asparagus trimmed
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- Steam the sweet potato on the stovetop or in the microwave until very tender.
- Slice the chicken lengthways to make 4-5 smaller pieces that are of approximate equal width. Season with salt and pepper.
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the garlic, basil, oregano, thyme and onion powder. Stir to combine and cook for about a minute until garlic is fragrant.
- Add chicken to pan, and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side or until almost cooked through.
- While chicken is cooking, mash sweet potato with coconut cream, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Add asparagus to the pan with the chicken and cook for 4-5 minutes or tender crisp and the chicken is cooked through.
- Divide the mash evenly between four plates. Top with an even amount of the chicken and asparagus. Drizzle over the cooking juices and sprinkle with some parsley to serve.
347 calories per serving
Access this recipe and more!
Regain your body confidence with The Healthy Mommy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Our Challenge is designed by moms FOR MOMS – to help them reach their goal weight and tackle their health and fitness.
The Challenge is home to customizable meal plans, 24/7 social support and realistic exercises moms can do AT HOME.
To find out more on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge click here.