Strawberry Sundae Cupcakes
Sweet cupcakes with frosting make for a delicious healthy treat. Freeze these cupcakes unfrosted for 4-6 months, or store frosted in the fridge for 3-4 days.
|Prep Time||25 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbs stevia
- 1 free-range egg
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat milk of choice
- 1/4 cup freeze dried strawberries
- 1/2 cup butter brought to room temperature
- 1/2 cup (for icing) stevia
- 12 strawberries
- 1.5 oz Dark chocolate 70% grated
- Preheat oven to 375F and lightly grease or line with cases, 12 holes of a muffin tray.
- Combine flour, baking powder and stevia together in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl whisk together egg, oil, vanilla extract, 1⁄4 cup of the yogurt and all the milk.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix together until just combined.
- Divide evenly into the prepared muffin tins and bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden on top and a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. Place on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Place the freeze dried strawberries into a food processor and process until a powder is formed. Set aside.
- Beat the butter and stevia baking sweetening using an electric mixer for a few minutes until creamy. Add the strawberry powder and remaining yogurt and beat for another few minutes to combine.
- Pipe or spoon the butter icing onto the cooled cupcakes.
- Top each cupcake with a fresh strawberry and some grated chocolate to serve.
- One cupcake is one serving. Store leftover cupcakes in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
This recipe contains 154 calories per serve.
Are you ready to become a Healthy Mommy?
Our Challenge is designed by moms FOR MOMS – to help them reach their goal weight and tackle their health and fitness.
The Challenge is home to customizable meal plans, 24/7 social support and realistic exercises moms can do AT HOME.
To find out more on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge click here.